This apartment is located on the 2nd floor of a beautiful vintage building in Chicago's Ukrainian Village with all of its original character from its 1907 beginnings but updated to ensure functionality and comfort.
Situated on Western Ave, you're steps from restaurants & bars, including the one you will be living directly above! The bar, EZ Inn, is fairly low key on the weekdays but gets VERY lively on the weekends so beware if you're a really light sleeper and plan on going to bed early!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I work at the bar most nights and also live in the building and will gladly make myself available to you for recommendations!!
You will be living above a bar on a fairly busy street in Chicago. To state the obvious, this is probably not ideal for light sleepers.
En savoir plus sur ce numéro
You must read the following in full (codes and additional information are available in the House Manual available online):
Check-in is anytime after 2pm. The key to the apartment is located in a lockbox mounted in the doorway to the building. The code for the box is xxxx. The larger key unlocks the front door to the building, the smaller is the key to the apartment. The apartment is located on the 2nd floor and is the third door as you walk down the hall from the stairs.
- This building is my home as my tenants', please respect it
- The apartment, as well as every common area, is SMOKE FREE
- Close windows if leaving for extended periods and/or expect rain
- The rooftop accessible from the apartment window is OFF LIMITS
- Never leave the building's doors unlocked or propped open
- There are individually packaged ear plugs located in the bedside table; let me know if there are none available, and I will replenish
- Residential permit parking passes are available if you should need to park on any of the neighboring side streets (#168)
- Coin operated laundry is in the basement; the code to the door is xxxx
- An air conditioner and ceiling fan are provided for cooling
- The building heat is steam radiators, and here is some important info:
- Each radiator has its own shutoff valve
- A clockwise turn will close the valve, and vice-versa
- If you are hot, you may turn a radiator off, but there is no in between
- The shutoff valves must be fully OPEN or CLOSED at all times
- In other words, if you're hot, you may turn a radiator off completely
- Any adjustment in between will not turn it off and result in banging/clanking of the radiators
- There should never be a need to open windows while radiators are on
- If you turn a radiator off, it must be turned back on before leaving
- Lastly, please inform me of any excessive steam of leaking from valves
- You must check out by 11am on day of your departure
- Please lock the door and leave the keys in the lockbox located in the doorway to the building. The lockbox code is xxxx, and you must hit “clear” before entering the code
- You are not required to notify me of your departure