Enjoy the natural beauty of Santa Barbara minutes from the beaches, attractions, wineries, and downtown shopping and restaurants. Cottage in the Oaks offers a tiny, peaceful, and private getaway with a lovely mountain view deck shaded by oaks.
One night stays sometimes available by request.
Cozy, tiny, and peaceful cottage nestled in beautiful oaks accommodates one or a cozy two adults (children under 1 - 12 years old and pets cannot be accommodated). A compact 160 square feet, the Cottage is comprised of a tiny living room with sofa, mini bedroom with double (not queen) bed, and bathroom with shower. (People over 6'2"- do think about your comfort as it is small.) A mini-kitchen with microwave, hot plate, dishes, and mini frig round out the amenities. French doors open onto a full deck with expansive mountain view. One extremely personable cat patrols the premises and will visit if you like. Off street parking is included.
The Cottage is about 50 feet behind the main house. You have considerable privacy and freedom to come as go as you like without worry of disturbing anyone.
Located in a safe and eclectic neighborhood, the Cottage has a rural "country" feel just a minute off the highway. You're less than ten minutes to everything from UCSB and the airport to downtown, the waterfront, parks, and several beaches. It's located near the foot of the pass that takes you to the wine county in about 30 minutes.
I am a long time Santa Barbara resident, and happy to assist with plan making and hidden gems of the area.
Located in Santa Barbara's sunbelt when fog may visit the coastline, the Cottage offers you natural beauty and a glorious alpenglow after your day at the attractions.
• You and your baggage will need to negotiate stone stairs and a stone path to reach the Cottage. Those with walking issues may want a more level property. See the picture of the stairs.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have their own separate unit and entrance. The washer and drier are also available.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I love interacting with guests, but respect the guests' maximum privacy. I won't come up to the Cottage except to greet you or answer a question, but welcome interactions, and always welcome a chat.
The Cottage is near an open space, so you're likely to see and hear a variety of birds, and if you're lucky, sight local wildlife- tree squirrels, raccoons, or perhaps a skunk.
Beach towels are available in the Cottage.
• Check in is 3 p.m. and checkout noon.
• The maximum is two adults. I cannot accommodate children under 12, pets, extra guests.
• The entire property is "non-matches" inside and out- cigarettes, candles, barbecues, incense, or anything that lights with a match. No smoking on the property.
• Quiet behavior respectful of the neighbors is needed, however, respectful behavior of you by neighbors is also expected. While it's seldom if ever a problem, I am on call for you 24-7 to handle any problems including neighbor noise after 10 pm.
I'm Kris, long time resident of Santa Barbara. I look forward to welcoming guests and sharing this beautiful area with you. I am an active birder, biker, and ocean person and have quite a bit of travel experience. I can help you find the things you want to do here, and link you with the people who can help you make the most of your stay.