Come experience the uniqueness of a peaceful, healing, yet playful, fun home located in a quiet neighborhood in midtown (about 5 to 12 minutes from almost anything in KC). A home called "The Circus" is a creative, loving environment/community for artists, healers, and travelers.
This listing will put you in R2: the Zen Den. (full bed, twin futon, camping cot/map for fourth guest)
The Room: "The Zen Den" located upstairs straight forward. It includes a full sized bed, a twin futon, desk, chair, night stand, dresser, and closet. Shared bath. (camping floor mat or cot placed out for 4th guest)
The room is located within a five bedroom, two bathroom house, built in 1906, in Historic Hyde Park in the heart of thrilling! Kansas City, Missouri.
This house is called 'The Circus' because it's always been famous all the coming and going that happens around here. It's active, but also peaceful.
The home has also been called a sanctuary for those seeking a pace that differs from the 'outside' world. Guests have access to all of the comfort and luxuries of a modern American home, such as a kitchen, porch swing, garden, trampoline, and a real life fireplace.
The location is within five to twelve minutes driving of Westport, KC Convention Center, the Plaza, downtown, Brookside, 39th street, and many more! About 25 minutes from the airport! Super Shuttle your bum here for $22 bucks. Uber is also available. An easy Bus access, reference intersection 39th and Troost.
Accès des voyageurs
Living Room, Sitting Room, Kitchen, Front Porch, Back Porch, Yard, basement/laundry, house pets!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
When you come to the Circus, you're joining the community of travelers, healers, and artists. The Circus support the dreams of many, including me (Hailey)! I currently live full time in a converted school bus in California (your welcome to visit there too)!
My dear friend, Sarah, is the house mama now. She's around if you need anything, or you can always message us through the app (someone in our community will answer promptly!). The cats, Lucy, Pepe, Jaspuuuur, and Lyla, are there to make you feel at home. Other guests (long term and short term) are there as well. Your experience at the Circus can be very social or very quiet-- it's really up to you!
Who to expect at residence:
Sarah (house mama): energy healer, stage manager, wonderful cupcake maker.
Lucy (orange cat): loves to eat, sit on your bed, and go indoors/outdoors.
Pepe (black cat): Lucy's right hand man, loves to play and plot escapes outside.
Jaspuuuur (grey indoor only cat): new to the team, loves puns and playing.
Lyla (brindle indoor only cat): loves to meow and keep mostly to herself.
Christy, Frank, and/or other friends helping care the Circus community.
Other airbnb guests and animals: of all shapes and sizes!
This is a home, not a hotel! If you are needing a super sterile, bleached cleaned environment, this isn't the place for you. We keep things as polished as we can, but there is a limit to how dust free a 112 year old home can be!
It's an old structure and we use the central heating/cooling system to the best of it's ability. In the winter the indoor temp is around 68. In the summer the indoor temp is around 78. Dress warm/dress cool-- cause that's about the best we can do, folks!
Incense and sage are common smells about the house.
- READ House Manual + Rules BEFORE you arrive!!!!!
- MESSAGE ONLY through AIRBNB, DO NOT call/text (unless in a true pickle).
- Take note of the little reminders posted throughout the house.
- Be mindful of others & respectful to the space. Honor all the creatures!
- Quiet hours between 10:00pm - 10:00am (ish)…
- Smoking can happen outside, but never inside.
- Lock the front/back door when you come & go.
- Pre-approve strangers. Please don’t invite others over without asking.
- Clean up after yourself in communal/common areas. (bathroom, kitchen, etc.)
- Food Rule: if it isn't labeled EAT ME, don't eat it. (shared items listed on fridge)
- Recycle and Compost. See instructions on fridge!
- Save Energy! When not in use— turn off lights, fans, etc.
- Be eco-conscious! We use reusable bags, rags, & natural cleaners.
- Burn incense, if you like… it keeps the vibes good.
- It is preferred that you don’t eat/store food in your room.
- NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING! G.Fiber will not allow such piracy.
- Feel free to be playful &/ peaceful— and just enjoy BEING!
- All are encouraged to leave encouraging notes or surprises for others!
- Communication, not Chaos. Voice comments, concerns, compliments, etc.