Located just around the corner from KU and walking distance to downtown, this modern home is the perfect weekend getaway to watch the game or visit your kids! From comfy beds to a magnificent kitchen with granite countertops and stainless appliances, this charmer is equipped with everything you need to kick off a relaxing vacation.
Ambiance abounds - soak in the clawfoot tub or grab a book and have coffee on the back deck. Good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families.
The historic Oread neighborhood is close to KU and downtown, where you can find everything you need to have a fun-filled vacation! Since the house is located near the college, our neighbors across the way may get a little loud on weekends. We haven't known this to be bothersome, or a frequent occurrence, but if you're a light sleeper, make sure to sleep in the southeast bedroom - it's the quietest.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for inclement weather, accidents, bug bites, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. Do not put luggage on the beds.
7. Front porch is not suitable for children to play on. Please use backyard instead.
8. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
9. PETS are sometimes permitted only with prior approval and Pet Rules must be adhered to.
10. Parking : Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only (driveway or alley behind house). Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
If it’s between the months of July-October, our neighbor’s black walnut tree sheds its walnuts on our drive. They WILL put a dent in your car (we know from experience!). So, during that time, we will park our work truck in the drive and there will be 2 alley spots for you to park in. Parking in the driveway, but farther back toward the street and on the garden side, is also a better spot, but not guaranteed. We are not responsible for damages incurred to your vehicles if this information is ignored.
11. Housekeeping : There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. All used linens and towels should be placed in kitchen next to the laundry area.
12. Garbage: Upon leaving, all garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacles, located in the alley behind the house. The silver trashcan on the back porch can be used to store recycling while you are there. Please make sure it is emptied when leaving.
13. Water and Sewer : DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clogs the system, you could be charged for damages.
14. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Streets and driveway is plowed if there is snow.
Living part-time in the PacNW, part-time in Lawrence, KS. My husband and I run a web media/software company, started from scratch in 2008 in Portland. We have a wee daughter named Juniper, a dog named Hunter, and a vintage motorcoach named Wild Thing that we take on the road as much as possible. We love to cook, love to hike and camp and explore, and generally take life one day at a time. :)